The internationally accredited Central Research Laboratory Application and Research Centre, home to advanced research projects aims to:
● Provide both students and academics at faculties/institutes/schools and vocational schools with research and application opportunities
● Inform academics, organise training sessions and seminars, conduct adequate analyses and studies to meet the needs of the industry
● Offer cutting edge measurement and testing services to public and private organisations, increase the research potential of the university
● Boost Project based competitiveness on a national and international scale
● Create new scientific knowledge by way of realizing interdisciplinary joint scientific and technologic projects in tandem with the industry and other universities
● Improve the possibilities of technology transformation
The research strategy of the laboratory has been discussed at length as shown above. Additionally, it has gained reputation with the many achievements on both regional and national scale with its research and studies, as well as being able to support not only interdisciplinary but also multidisciplinary research activities. Research and development projects in basic practical application fields and interdisciplinary disciplines are combined under a central organization. It stands as a guiding light for students at all levels whether or not they are a part of Kastamonu University, providing a comfortable and serene studying environment, ever pushing the frontier with its expert research team on scientific endeavours on master’s degree and above.
The laboratory allows the ongoing projects to be conducted in a secure environment with the support of TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), Ministry of Development and Kastamonu University Scientific Research Projects. Where possible, it rises to the occasion to meet the needs of universities, research centres, the industry, public organisations and institutions, as well as the analysis tasks of third parties. Research and development projects in progress have immense socio-economic and cultural contributions on regional and national scale. It also provides R&D and counselling services to public and private organisations in Kastamonu and across Turkey, equipped with state-of-the-art technological devices at its service.